TT TTT TTTTTT T T T TTTTTT TT
TTTTTTTTTT TT TTT TT TT TT T T
TTTTTTTTTTTTT T T T T T T T TT
SSS TTT | T T T T TT TT TTT T T T
SSSSSS TT | T T T T T T T T T T T T
SS TTT | | | | T T T TT T T
SS TTT | | | | T T T T T T T T
SSS | | | | T T T T T T T T
SS | | | T T T T
UU UU SS | | |
UU UU SS SS | | |
UU UU SSSSS | | | The 'big' Wave.
U U | | 'You STILL can't keep a good wave down!'
UU UU NN NN | | |
UUUUU NNN NN | | | | |
NN NN NN | | MM MMM
NN NN NN AAAA MM MMMMMM MM
NN NNNN AA AA MM MMMM M IIII
NN NN AAAA AA M MM II
AA AAAAA MM M II
AA AA M II
Want to make sure you never miss a war again? Follow @tsunami_wars on
Tsunami is one of the oldest original lpMUDs in existence, having
been around since at least 1990. It has a long and glorious
Tsunami features over
20 humanoid races and several nonhumanoid races
(such as Dragons,
Players can choose from over 65 elaborate, detailed
subclasses spread over 10 guilds. You can own a house or run a
The world of Tsunami is vast, consisting of over 15,000 rooms and
a massive selection of
areas to explore.
Many fun adventures await including
collectible card game, and
many more metagames.
Tsunami is ENTIRELY free (donations welcome via Patreon but not required) and all
coders work here for the love of the game. Many have been doing it
for over a decade and we are always looking for more new talented
designers. Follow the links on the left to create an account, learn
to play, and connect to this great MUD.
We'd like to take the time to thank those great patrons of ours including: Quagmire, Morganti, Xcheefoo, Streak, Brock, Morgul, Marisil, Sid, Pythia, Russeldog, Orsk, Lif -
It's thanks to you that Tsunami is still running.
||Tue, 06 Apr 2021 01:48:22 PST
Slightly improved the efficiency, instead of decaying to 0 in 2 rounds. It should last longer and do slightly more damage. Spike will also be able to stack venom similar to how tail does.
Don't worry Manticores are still bad.
|Super Cereal Changes
||Thu, 01 Apr 2021 15:36:16 PST
We have some exciting new changes to share with you that are going live right now.
* In addition to Patreon to support the MUD, Tsunami now has an OnlyFans account.
* All players will now have their 'eyewear' slot filled with a mask to reduce the spread of COVID-0x13
* The Apocalypse sub-area, Pestilence, is currently under quarantine.
* The Tsunami government has passed a bill decriminalizing certain drugs. Herbalists rejoice as now they can 'inhale' without worrying about the authorities.
* The Gorgons and Basilisks of Tsunami have declared their favorite number to collectivey be 420, for obvious reasons.
* Made spider invasions five times more likely to occur than other invasions due to popular demand.
* Following the trend of everything getting smaller, Giants are now Mediums.
* Fetches have been readded to the game.
* Your sensitive mind notices a wrongness in the fabric of space. Please 'bug' this change. If possible, submit a log of what happened and ask an online wizard to capture the debug log.
* Players are no longer able to die. Rather than condoning violence players will now receive a hug when they reach 0 hp.
* A betting arena has been added where players can bet on which wizard will come out of hibernation long enough to make a change.
* Since more wizards log in than players now-a-days, the roles have been reversed and now players are expected to code while wizards play the game proper.
* To welcome Orion back out of retirement, a special belt has been coded in his honor. It doesn't do anything, it won't even hold his pants up.
* Experience gain from playing Yahtzee reinstated.
* Fetches have been removed from the game.
* Ogre knights will now summon a donkey for their steed.
* Wizards, having finally taken over the population have revealed that they weren't Wizards at all, but had painted over the 'L' with a 'W'
* In an effort to improve the new player experience, players can now 'procreate' in game, and a new player now goes through the process of being born and aging in real time.
* The Humane Society has generously donated cans of wet food and litter to help sustain Wildcat.
* The server hamster has been replaced by a chinchilla, increasing operation speed by at least 10 percent.
||Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:21:07 PST
The humble shop sign n from cot has been given a small face-lift. Will now work correctly, gives some additional information for shops owned / shops unowned and will display shop inventory when using shops lot <#>.
Props to Greshna for bugging this.
|Waterfire / electric storm
||Wed, 24 Mar 2021 14:13:12 PST
Both Waterfire and Electric Storm have been tweaked so that low level mobs should not be doing crazy high hitback against heroes. I tested somewhat and its still pretty painful if you are doing a lot of attacks but... well maybe don't pick on small critters with wings.
Please bug me if you notice anything going haywire with the hitback.
||Wed, 24 Mar 2021 03:47:28 PST
mandala now has a new option - do mandala clear. May be helpful if Shaolin wishes to switch between inspiration / defiance without having to wait 20 minutes. You can also switch mandala's in a room without having to leave the room and come back.
help skills mandala has been updated.
||Tue, 23 Mar 2021 18:41:21 PST
Morgul found a particularly ugly stat-weighting bug for the zerker
deflect skill. It was actually backwards (75% str, 25% dex). As
of the next reboot, it will properly be 25% str, 75% dex. Thanks
||Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:30:10 PST
I have updated autocon to allow for color autocon_same <COLOR>. I'm not sure why this was never there in the first place.
help autocon for more details.
||Tue, 09 Feb 2021 20:11:08 PST
Fixed a couple of bugs and improved effectiveness of skeletons.
They now spawn with a higher level and the name of the skeleton is
relative to the success of the spell vs your actual level (i.e. roll
well and you get a better skeleton title and improved level on it).
And oh... they are now a bit weaker but that shouldn't matter unless
someone does an area attack to target this new hp weakness.
||Sat, 05 Dec 2020 10:49:45 PST
I'm updating the Mainland Bard to give more specific directions to MOST areas. Areas that take an effort to get into like Kyldiss or whatever might give directions on where to start. I'm going to start with the areas that I know, but I could use some help. If you want to help, shoot me a tell, and I'll mail a list of areas I need specific directions too. Hopefully this'll help people find areas a little easier.
||Thu, 03 Dec 2020 16:33:13 PST
Shopkeepers now pay out more to bards, thugs, and explorers.
|Sulis's amulet and Dwarven mug
||Mon, 30 Nov 2020 20:19:50 PST
... are now safeable. Enjoy. For now.
Page last updated on September 26 2018 08:20:04