An alias is basically a short cut for using skills on Tsunami. Learning to use them effectively is important.
- Command: [un]alias
- Syntax: [un]alias [account] [ <alias> <command> -clear ]
- alias View current aliases (CHARACTER and ACCOUNT).
- alias <alias> <command> Set the verb alias to execute command.
- alias <alias> Check the value of <alias> (CHAR and ACCOUNT)
- alias -clear Clear all current aliases
- unalias <alias> Removes <alias> from your alias list
- alias account <alias> <command> Add alias for all chars on account.
- alias account -clear Clear all current ACCOUNT aliases
- unalias account <alias> Removes <alias> from your ACT alias list
Substitution variable that exist are:
- $# - Where # is the number of the word after the verb to substitute.
- $* - Will be substituted with everything after the verb.
Another example: 'alias k kill $*' will expand 'k dealer' to 'kill dealer' However it is not required as 'alias k kill' will also expand 'k dealer' to 'kill dealer'
A better example of the use of the $* follows. 'alias sizeup consider $* sizeup' This will take any argument after typing sizeup and feed it into the alias : 'sizeup dog' -> 'consider dog sizeup' 'sizeup smurf 3' -> 'consider smurf 3 sizeup'